Modify An Order To Suit Your Family's Current Needs

In the time that has passed since the court issued your final decree or custody/visitation order, your life may have changed significantly. The order may no longer suit your family's needs, and you may desire to obtain a post-judgment modification.

The team at Hargrave Family Law has obtained numerous post-judgment modifications for families in the Dallas area and throughout Texas. We understand the importance of and process for obtaining these modifications. Using our knowledge of family law and the court system, along with the good relationships that we have built with those in the legal community, we will help you work toward obtaining the modifications that you and your children need.

When Can I Obtain A Modification In Texas?

Texas courts will only consider modifications under certain circumstances. These include:

  • Both parents agree to a modification
  • The custodial parent wants to relocate
  • Change in career or income of one parent
  • Remarriage of a parent
  • Substance abuse by a parent
  • Domestic violence by a parent

If any of these conditions are present in your life, we can help you request a modification for your custody, visitation or child support. We know the necessary steps to take, from petitioning the court, to working with opposing counsel, to representing you before a judge.

A Modification That Suits Your Life And Your Values

Parents and former spouses do not always agree on post-judgment modifications. These modifications can sometimes cause discordance. However, it may be possible to obtain the modification that you desire without using adversarial techniques. As professionals, we at Hargrave Family Law take pride in civility and professionalism, even in the midst of contentious circumstances, which usually results in more satisfactory outcomes. Whenever possible, we approach post-judgment modifications in a manner that keeps your relationship amicable, with the goal of preserving your ability to effectively co-parent with your ex-spouse.

If you are interested in modifying your custody, visitation or child support order to suit your current lifestyle, contact us for help - our team is prepared to help you. Call an experienced family law attorney at our office in Dallas today at 214-420-0100 to get started, or send us a message online. We are dedicated to helping you protect what matters most.